Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Life Songs

This is for another blog challenge from Stacy. This one is to choose one or more songs that take you back to specific events, places and times and write about them. I have been sitting here trying to think of particular songs and it's a little hard for me. Not because I can't remember them but because I love music so much that I am constantly listening to it and have quite a variety of songs that I listen to. I did come up with a few though.

1. "Do you know the way to San Jose" sung by Dionne Warwick. It reminds me so much of both of my parents and being around them and their friends during my childhood. I always think of the parties they would have in our house growing up and how I loved to help my Mom entertain. I can almost hear the song in the background when I remember these images.
2. "Photograph" by Def Leppard. This song reminds me of my senior year in high school with my two best friends at the time. I remember driving around on a Saturday night in one of our cars singing at the top of our voices to this song turned full volume on the radio. It brings back memories of being so carefree and wild.
3. "Beautiful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. This song was the last song at Mike's and my wedding reception. Even though it wasn't the song we did our first dance to it is the one that brings me back to that wonderful day the most.
4. "We're not gonna take it" by Twisted Sister. For some reason this song became a favorite early on of both my daughters. We had to go and get the CD so they could hear it more often. I still can picture both of them standing near the stereo dancing away to the music.

No comments: